After considering all issues in the “Stolen: Change Management. Reward Offered” series, I have decided to very clear about the licensing of content here on Change Whisperer. I am implementing a Creative Commons license  for this website and all of the content I have produced here to-date and going forward. Here it is:
Change Whisperer by www.gailseverini.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
It is my hope that this facilitates sharing, while protecting me and our profession. I recommend it to you and want to say that, unless otherwise noted, this is the standard by which I cite unlicensed content.
The Attribution / Non-commercial license
Specifically, I am enacting the “Attribution/Non-commercial” license:
“This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work non-commercially, and although their new works must also acknowledge you and be non-commercial, they don’t have to license their derivative works on the same terms.”
This means that:
(1) You are free to copy, distribute, and transmit any of this work providing that:
- You cite the work as follows “Change Whisperer, Gail Severini, date, www.gailseverini.com”
- You do not suggest in any way that I endorse you or your use of the work
- You do not use this work for commercial purposes
(2) You understand:
- Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from me
- Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license
- In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license:
- Your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations
- The author’s (my) moral rights
- Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights
- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work
I am passionate about getting the word out about change management and strategy execution, so I hope you will find Change Whisperer useful enough to share. You are still welcome to:
- Reference this work in any of your writing
- Share this within your organization, Community of Practice, or with other leaders or practitioners
- Share this work on Twitter, LinkedIn, Scoop.It, or any number of other social media
If you wish to re-use any of this content for commercial use (e.g., re-publishing in newsletters, blogs, aggregators, news sites offered for subscription fees) please contact me directly and we will work something out.
Non-profits may act as individuals under the “Attribution/Non-commercial” license.
My commitment to you is reciprocity. This has always been my standard for referencing others’ work and I will continue to honor it.
More information here https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/.