Are you building internal capability? Retaining external consultants to execute an initiative? There are few credentials in the market for Change Management and no turnkey solutions for building capability.
This post was originally published as Change Management Credentials. It will be updated from time to time and serve as a repository as we can gather a list (and this is just a list, not an endorsement).
- Association of Change Management Professionals
- Change Management Institute
- Organization Change Alliance (Atlanta, GA, USA)
Universities and Higher Education:
- Consulting & Coaching for Change , University of Oxford, HEC Oxford
- Creativity, Innovation and Change, The Open University, B822
- Change Leadership Certificate (online), Cornell University
- Executive Master in Consulting and Coaching for Change, INSEAD
- Graduate Certificate in Change Management, Australian Graduate School of Management (AGSM)
- Masters Degree in Strategic Change Management and Organizational Leadership, Pfeiffer University in Charlotte, NC. They also have an online program
- Masters Executive Leadership and Organizational Change, Northern Kentucky University
- Organizational Consulting and Change Leadership, Centre for Continuing and Professional Education, Georgetown University
Open Enrollment, Commercial Training Programs:
- Centre for Change Management. They also run an online module based program
- Change Management Certification Program, Prosci Learning
- Change Management Foundation, APMG-UK
- Masters Degree in the Neuroscience of Leadership, NeuroLeadership Institute – all online
Proprietary, Execution Capability Build and Skills Transfer
- Training and Consulting firms, large and small
- The only offer I am familiar enough with to discuss is Conner Partners. This firm offers an array of Change Management and Strategy Execution Capability Build solutions based on the work of Daryl Conner over the past 37 years. As an example, training is offered for both Sponsor and Agent Development, from novice to mastery, based on the firm’s Change Execution Methodology©. Drop me a line if you are interested in more info firstname.lastname@example.org.
The best credential?
Experience – find someone who has done this before – as illustrated by my all-time favourite quote from the “West Wing”:
Leo McGarry: “This guy’s walkin’ down a street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep he can’t get out. A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up, “Hey you! Can you help me out?” The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole, and moves on. Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up, “Father, I’m down in this hole; can you help me out?” The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down in the hole and moves on. Then a friend walks by. “Hey, Joe, it’s me. Can ya help me out?” And the friend jumps in the hole. Our guy says, “Are ya stupid? Now we’re both down here.” The friend says, “Yeah, but I’ve been down here before and I know the way out.”
Capability is great. Credentials are great. Credentials plus experience – better. Credential, plus experience, plus great referrals – better still.
Do you know of any other great CM courses or training credentials? Please share.