Want to be a GREAT networker? Be a giver! Now is a perfect time to recognize the amazing talent of the people that you know and follow. Here are a few easy ways to be a giver on LinkedIn.
1) Like AND Share the posts that you appreciate
You can share publicly on your Newsfeed and also privately to individuals in your network with a “Thought you might find this interesting” and “Let me know if you’d like an introduction.”
At the bottom of a post look for “Like” or “Share”, follow the options when you hit “Share”.
2) Take time to add a quick public comment of appreciation on the post or in your Share.
3) Tag others in your posts who might really like the content
In the Share, address it to people in your network. Type @ and start typing their name, then click when it appears, eg @gail severini). This will show up in their Notifications section and alert them to the value – this is a double bonus (Share in Newsfeed + show up in Notifications)!
4) Write a quick message to the author. When they post a comment, blog post or podcast it might feel to them like a “message in a bottle”, never knowing who gets it or what they thought. A little reaction lets them feel ‘heard’. You can click on their profile and select “Message” – away you go!
5) Pro Tip – Level EASY: Endorse the skills of colleagues
To endorse the talents of your favorite colleagues go to their profile, find the Skills and Endorsements section, hit the “+” and answer the questions. Consider doing their top 3 skills.
Grand Finale Pro Tip – Recommendations
Offer a Recommendation – also easy but invest a bit of thought to make it specific. Here’s how to get it on LinkedIn: go to their profile, find the Recommendations section, select “Recommend NAME” and follow the instructions. They will have the option to accept, respond and display.
You have the power to make a difference for people you appreciate. Go for it.